Friday, November 13, 2009

And Furthermore..


This one has popped up on the net in a number of different places

Ever heard of lachanophobia? It's a pathological fear of vegetables. Don't laugh, it's real. Vicki Larrieux, a 22-year-old student from Portsmouth, UK, claims she is unable to keep to a healthy diet because she is frightened of vegetables.

Terrible affliction or the fifteen minutes of fame special? In food service, we get to meet all sorts of allergies. "I want my steak very well done, I'm 'lergic' to rare." Or my personal favorite, (true story) "Oh I didn't know you made artichoke dip with artichokes. I'm 'lergic' to that. You need to adjust my bill." A writer for the NYT has made a list of things that restuarants should do to keep his custom. (Demand grab-joint prices with four star French service. Demand that the server reads your mind from a kneeling position. Demand the full attention of the house, Order off the menu whenever possible.. yes, I'm being rhetorical ) Here's my two cents on being a customer. Don't elevate a personal dislike to a medical problem. If you're alergic to something, the time to mention it is when you order, not after you've finished three quarters of the plate. (and oddly enough, the other customers probably aren't interested in your medical history) A cranky post, to be sure, but some days the customers from he** just seem to come in bunches.

Picture and quote: The Presurfer

No comments:

Post a Comment