Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So That's Why

Oh boy, I've got a metacognitive bias named after myself. (no Dianne, it doesn't have an acronym) Well not myself exactly. More precisely, a cognitive researcher from Cornell with the same family name.( David Dunning) In this case we'll just mumble something about close enough for blogging and cross our metaphorical fingers. Can the Dunning-Kruger effect be the reason for our current spate of problems? In my own mind it sure explains a few things about local politics. (and a few jobs I've had in the past) Too bad onomancy isn't a practical in this case.

When asked, most individuals will describe themselves as better-than-average in areas such as leadership, social skills, written expression, or just about any flavor of savvy where the individual has an interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment