Sunday, May 31, 2009

Personal Notes

Personal notes:
  • My trip to N.Y., to see my niece before her wedding, is finally starting to fall into place. I admit it may not be green, but one of my favorite things to do is drive the back roads of upstate N.Y. in the early summer.
  • I was in the library's magazine room yesterday (Saturday 3:00) and some whiz-bang decided to set the shelf of current newspapers on fire. The fire had a good start before another patron saw it, and with some help, she pulled the burning papers off the shelf and stomped them out. As far as I know, the perp got away. There is no need to wonder why my default setting is cynical.
  • My friend, Geri Green, was slammed in print by Debra Saunders ( why I oughtta) A bragging rights bumper sticker is in order.
  • A young lady down the hall has decided to sing a snippet of a song over and over. It's been three days now. The piece contains the tail end of a verse and the first part of the bridge. Unfortunately the second note of the bridge is a tad above her natural range. It's attempt number three million four hundred and thirty two thousand five hundred twenty six and she still hasn't managed to hit that darn note. Score: Enthusiasm 9+, Pitch 0.
  • An e-mail from Carol Dauley this morning: As of May 22nd I am Carol Quin Dauley, now I just have to deal with DMV. It's not been fun with them. I couldn't be happier. Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment